BIO4™ Viable Bone Matrix
BIO4 possesses all four characteristics involved in bone repair and regeneration: osteoconductive, osteoinductive, osteogenic, and angiogenic. It is an alternative to autograft, which minimizes the potential for harvest site comorbidities.
Features and benefits:
- Lot tested for the presence of VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor)
- Lot tested for ≥70% cell viability post-thaw
- Contains ≥600,000 cells/cc (endogenous bone forming cells including mesenchymal stem cells)
- Ready to use out of the package; no decanting is required, and thaws in 15 minutes
- Differentiated handling compared to competition
- Available in 1, 2.5, 5 and 10cc sizes
- ^Data on file at Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.
- ^Roberts and Rosenbaum, "Bone grafts, bone substitutes and orthobiologics," Organogenesis (2012)
- ^Bourke et al., "Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) in Human Peristeum - Normal Expression and Response to Fracture," Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, British Volume (2003)